Covid-19 Update Feb 2022
Belmont Dental Practice remains fully open
Please call us on 01753 882126
In accordance with Dental Health England
and Government Healthcare guidelines, we maintain many Covid-19 protocols for the safety of staff and patients. We are completely confident that you will be treated here
It is important that you maintain your
dental health and there is no reason why you should not come to see us for this purpose. Not only do we check the condition of your teeth but the health of your whole mouth from gum disease to
Alongside a dedicated decontamination/sterilisation room and very high levels of cross infection control within the surgeries, which we have always had,
we have added specific procedures to deal with Covid-19. These include:
- Waiting in your car optional - the waiting room is now open but masks still need to be worn here.
- Use of hand sanitiser is required on entry and exit
- Reception area completely screened off between staff and patients.
- 2m social distancing is required and we are lucky to have good space to enable this.
- Full appropriate PPE is worn by all staff - masks, visors and disposable gowns with any patient contact.
- We have a powerful extractor fans which continually replenish the dental surgeries with fresh air during all
- For high risk procedures (e.g. drilling) clinical staff wear respirator masks, visors and full surgical gowns. The surgery is then deep cleaned before
- We encourage prepaid card and BACS payments for appointments. This facilitates a quicker and smoother appointment experience and reduces the likelihood
of more than one patient being in the reception area at any one time.
- Hygienists have a dedicated dental nurse assisting them
We continue to stay fully abreast of current government and our professional body advice and will update this website accordingly should circumstances change.
After 34 years in the profession, Dexter has retired from clinical dentistry, but is still very much involved in the running of the practice.